Thursday, February 08, 2007

Day 10 Master Cleanse

If you are interested in learning more about the fast I'm doing, read The Master Cleanse, by Stanley Burroughs

Peter Glickman also has quite a bit of information on the Master Cleanse on his raw food website
Day 10, Thursday, 2/8/07
weight in the morning: 146
Run info: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2051186
Total Time (h:m:s)0:42:168:33 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s)0:41:348:24 pace
Distance (mi )4.94
Moving Speed (mph)7.1 avg.11.5 max.
Elevation Gain (ft)+997 / -998

Avg. Heart Rate156 bpmZone 4.0

So I got up at 6 this morning and stayed up. It took a lot of will power and a long shower to keep me from going back to bed. It was a good day to do it, though because I had to pick up Megan from work at 7:15 AM anyway. It's almost 2PM now and I'm not tired.
I ran with the marathon training group at lunch today. We did 4 hill repeats where you sprint up a hill (about .2 miles) and then jog back down. I felt strong on the first one, but struggled a little more on the last 3. I felt good, I just couldn't go any faster. That has to be related to the fast and not taking in enough calories for energy. That should be my last hard workout before the Austin marathon. My focus for the next week will be to eat a diet that will best prepare me for the race. I will continue to run but my runs will be either short or at an easy pace.
My tongue was the whitest it has been this morning. Maybe next time I'll go until it turns pink again (although it is always pink after I brush it). If I didn't have a marathon in a week, I would consider staying on the cleanse for a few more days. All in all, I'm glad I did it. I'm not sick anymore, which is why I started it in the first place. And I was able to continue my marathon training without interruption, which was my second objective. I was able to run just over 50 miles since my last meal. The other thing I hope to take from this is a stronger appetite for healthier foods. I'm planning on sticking to my plant based diet that I have been eating for about 2 1/2 years. I will hopefully add more raw and whole foods to my diet, but I don't see myself sticking to a completely raw diet for very long. Seafood sounds really good right now but we'll see if that craving goes away once I begin to eat food again. It's been just over a month since I last drank. Right now I don't feel like drinking, but I think I might settle on drinking once a month if there is an occasion for it (like going to Austin this month or Napa next month).

No comments: