Saturday, February 10, 2007

Day 12 Master Cleanse

Day 12, Saturday, 2/10/07
weight in the morning: 147
So I didn't come off of the cleanse as gracefully as I had planned. I headed home right after work yesterday and went straight for the raw faux meatloaf that I had made the night before. I started with just a few little bites. Once I had eaten those and was pretty sure that my stomach wasn't going to hate me, I had a bigger piece. I also had an orange and some vegan zucchini bread. All that sat fine in my stomach. I had a gift certificate for the steakhouse at Boomtown and offered to take my parents since I wasn't planning on eating so soon. My parents split a pasta dish and Megan wanted the halibut so I said I'd split it with her. I ended up just eating a salad and a few bites of the halibut. It was really tasty but it upset my stomach a little.

It was rainy this morning so I wasn't sure how many people were going to show up for the 9 mile training run I was supposed to lead from Idlewild park to IGT. Three others ended up showing up for a nice run. It actually didn't hardly rain on us at all. I ran with two of the runners at their pace (about 10:40min/mile). I actually got light headed and really tired for a few minutes about 2 miles into our run. That could have been from just having OJ for breakfast. Once I had a Power Gel, I felt much better for the rest of the run.

I can see why people go back on the cleanse. Being on the cleanse gives you a sense of comfort that you are doing something right for your body. Even though it may be a challenge to not eat, it is so easy to plan your meals. You just drink the lemonade. You don't have to decide what food your body needs. When you are off of the cleanse, even if you eating healthy, you are always wondering if you had enough vegetables or if you should have had soup instead of salad. That is something that I never had to worry about while I was on the cleanse.

No comments: