Thursday, February 01, 2007

Day 0 - 3 The Master Cleanse

Day 0:
Monday, 1/29/07
Ate my last meal of curry soup around 5:30, then went to the gym to run 3 miles and lift. Earlier in the day I had coughed a few times but my throat felt fine. I decided to try out the master cleanse for a few days, possibly adding raw food since I want to keep up my running. The Austin Marathon is on Feb 18 (less than three weeks away). After working out and sitting in the sauna for 20 minutes, I went grocery shopping for the MC essentials and also a lot of fruits and veggies. I took the Herbal Laxative Tea before bed.
Evening weight: 156
Day 1:
Tuesday, 1/30/07
GPS data from run:
Total Time (h:m:s)1:03:4410:25 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s)1:03:2110:21 pace
Distance (mi )6.12
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/1999644
I began the day with a smaller than average elimination. I did notice that there was mucus in it. I woke up with a sore throat and a bit of a cough, confirming my suspicion that I was getting sick. I ran 6 miles at lunch, focusing mostly on running slow and keeping my heart rate down. I had brought food to work, but ended up just sticking to my water and lemonade.
I felt bad that I had bought all that food and was worried it was going to go to waste so I cooked some soup and make some raw yogurt and apple juice for Megan. Although the apple juice looked really good, it wasn't that difficult to abstain from it. Both Megan and I are sick so we just laid around and watched TV until we went to bed. I think this is a pretty common feeling when you are getting sick, but I kept getting chills during the day.

Day 2:
Wednesday, 1/31/07
I started this morning with an elimination that was a bit smaller than yesterday but still solid. This morning was the first time I drank the salt water flush. Even though I had been warned, I let one fly on the way to work and was surprised to feel something wet. So back home to change my pants I went...after sitting on the toilet for half an hour to make sure it wouldn't happen again. I took it easy tonight and just watched X games and "Friday Night Lights" after watching Megan eat and taking her to work. I still feel sick although I definitely feel better during the day than I do in the morning or evening.
My tongue was pretty white so I brushed it pretty well until it was pink.
Evening weight: 152
Day 3:
Thursday
2/1/07
Morning weight: 150
GPS data from run:
Total Time (h:m:s)0:34:419:11 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s)0:34:029:01 pace
Distance (mi )3.77
Elevation Gain (ft)+236 / -236

Avg. Heart Rate147 bpmZone 3.5
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2008444
I woke up around 4:30 AM this morning with a coughing fit and feeling that my throat was really swollen. It hurt to swallow but I drank some water and didn't have much trouble getting back to sleep. I had my salt water flush around 7AM and didn't have any trouble compared to yesterday. By the time I went to work my throat was starting to feel better and my tongue was still pink. I'm still sneezing and coughing a little and there is a slow, watery snot drip. I'm hesitant to tell many people about what I'm doing since I keep going back and forth on whether I'm committed to doing it for 10 days. I ran 3.75 miles today at lunch. We did a leapfrog run where everybody runs in a line and the person in the back sprints to the front. We started out with 8 or 9 people but ended up down to 4. I helped Megan prepare her dinner and watched her eat and that didn't really make me hungry. I still feel a bit sick. I'm hoping that my cold or whatever it is will go away soon.

No comments: