Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Day 9 Master Cleanse

Day 9 Wednesday, 2/7/07
weight in the morning: 147
Blood Pressure: 116/69
Pulse: 40
It seems like everybody is eating popcorn today. It is really tempting to pull a package of microwave popcorn out of my cabinet in my cube and go make some. But I won't. I actually had a dream that I was eating something (a cracker, I think) and realized when I was done with it that I had broken my fast with only a day to go. What a nightmare :)
I've been itching to try out my new trail running shoes and was planning on a run at lunch, but Megan talked me into going to the gym for a spinning class. Despite being my first spinning class in about 10 months, I survived. I meant to wear my HRM but forgot it in the locker room. It ended up being a good 50 minute workout. When I started adding weightlifting to my routine about a month ago I was trying to do one day of lower body and one day of upper body each week. I haven't missed any of the lower body days, but I have missed the last 3 weeks of upper body. So I decided to do a quick upper body workout after spinning. I felt like I picked up right where I left off.
One of the things that I was excited about when I started this diet was that I would need less sleep and be more motivated to get up in the morning. The first 4 or 5 days I seemed to have an easier time getting up in the morning. However, the last few days I have not been as motivated. I get up at 6AM and somehow motivate myself to drink the liter of salt water (I got it all down in one chug this morning), but then I go back to bed. When the alarm goes off in another hour, I just hop out of bed, run across the room and hit snooze. Then I crawl right back in bed. This repeats every 8 minutes for 5 - 8 times before I actually get up and shower. Maybe tomorrow I'll try getting up at 6 and staying awake.
I haven't noticed if I need more sleep. Some nights I've been getting more sleep because I go to bed early out of boredom and not wanting to think about food. I haven't been getting tired in the afternoon at work, though. I noticed a few weeks ago that I would get sleepy around 3PM and have to get up and walk around or have some tea or a snack to stay awake. I haven't been getting tired at that time since I've been on the Master Cleanse, with the exception of Sunday after my long run.
I have also noticed that my hands have been really dry and are cracking even though I've been drinking over a gallon of liquid per day. The dry climate has probably contributed to that as well.

No comments: